- Quality of Service is an expectation and demand of all DJs.
- A DJ's quality of service is an outgrowth of technical competence,
personal character, responsive and informative communication;
and appropriate care of property.
1. Technical competence is knowledge and the appropriate skillful
application of knowledge.
- Knowledge is possessing an informed understanding of the
subject matter of a DJ's field of practice or employment, based
on education and experience. Because technical competence is
not static, continuing education, both formal and informal, is
necessary to maintain and improve a DJ's knowledge and understanding.
- Skillfulness is the appropriate application of knowledge.
It is the focusing of one's knowledge in the most effective manner
resulting in diligently and thoroughly completed services. It
includes the ability to recognize and acknowledge the need to
obtain additional qualified assistance and or expertise when
2. Personal character is a quality which is demonstrated through
trustworthiness, truthfulness and professional conduct. It demands
full disclosure of all pertinent information, data and records.
It is manifested through providing services with the highest
degree of integrity.
3. Communication must be responsive, informative and accurate.
Communication includes, but is not limited to timely responses
to inquiries from others in an appropriate and needful manner;
keeping of appointments; complying with client and employer requests
for information; periodic updates to the client or employer on
project progress, and informing the client or employer when problems
are encountered that may effect their event.
4. A client's or employer's property entrusted to a DJ creates
a fiduciary relationship which means that detailed and accurate
records are kept and property is not commingled or used personally.